Friday, April 22, 2011

Coffee in Amesbury

Ever get so busy you forget what's what? Sarajean and I were supposed to meet and paint (I thought) and so I drove to Amesbury last Thursday and...it wasn't our day! So I popped into our favorite coffee haunt, Zac & Ani's Bread, and Brian kindly let me paint there. I loved painting this, but it doesn't quite capture the colors and lighting the way I envisioned. I know from reading other blogs (and from some experience), that paintings improve when you paint a subject more than once. On to the next! I will rethink a lot of this painting.

4 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

This painting looks great! I like what you did with the flowers!...Daniel

Sunny West said...

Beautiful colors. I especially appreciate all the visible brush strokes. A very nice painting, Pam!

Judy Hartman said...

Very lovely - definitely gives a sense of place.

Karen L R said...

i really love the colors, too.