Thursday, May 26, 2011

Son, 11 x 14"

Well, you've met the kitties. This is my son, Stefan, proud owner of Fred and Jacques. Working from a photo, which I haven't often done, I found it easier to focus on other aspects of painting. The drawing stage is easy since Stefan didn't move a bit! The fact that it's already two dimensional made it easier to see the colors and values of the photo, too, I suspect. I started this painting in Cameron's class and once again, was so excited, I couldn't wait to work on it at home. I stayed up late and nearly finished it and then tweaked it once or twice after that. I'm glad I captured Stefan in his teens. Now I need to do another painting of my older son, Marc, using what I've learned. Hopefully Marc will pose for me again...live. (I do prefer that!)

In between, I've experimented on my smaller paintings using Liquin and then no medium, thin, thick, fluid and not. Eventually I'd like to combine techniques. So much to learn and sometimes it feels like there's so little time! Having fun, though. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

Oh, what a lovely painting, Pam!
Does Stefan like it?
His hair is so full of life! Great colors!

Sunny West said...

A great portrait painting. Beautifully done! I am so impressed.

Karen Bruson said...

Really lovely portrait.

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

This is a great work of art of Stefan! Thanks for sharing this!