Saturday, November 27, 2010

Trellis Angel, 8 x 6"

Painting Trellis Angel was an experiment in lighting and technique. I wanted to keep the effect of the back lighting, yet keep her face visible. I wondered if I should increase the brightness of the background to heighten this effect, but I'll let it sit for awhile and think about it. The autumn day I painted this was a bit brisk, so I couldn't resist adding a touch of pink to her cheeks! To keep some passages thick and sharp, I used a palette knife more than I usually do. If you have any comments on this challenging little painting, I'd love to hear them. I enjoyed doing it. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Sunny West said...

Pam, this is really lovely...the back lighting makes it so "real" and enchanting. The pink cheeks are a nice touch...some warmth and intrigue.

Pam Perras said...

Thank you, Sunny. So glad you stop by to look now and then!

Sandra Galda said...

really nice Pam!